By popular request – my famous pancake recipe!
- 1.5 c WW Flour
- ½ c mix ground flax and oat bran
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ c cornmeal
- 2 T cornstarch
- 2 c hemp milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2/3 c date paste
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp apple cidar vinegar
Mix dry ingredients together. Then add remaining ingredients. Batter should be spongy not runny or thick.
Makes 6 Large pancakes
Top with mixed berries/fruit, some nuts and cashew cream for real decadance!
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked for 1 hour (at least)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plain milk alternative of your choice
- 1 T vanilla
- 2 T date paste (or 4 pitted dates)
Mix in food processor or blender. Adjust milk for desired texture and thickness.
- 2 cups dates, pitted
- 2 cups water
Soak dates in water for a couple of hours. Drain, puree dates in blender or food processor until smooth.
This should keep in the fridge for up to a month.